Saturday 24 May 2014

Wet, muddy and lots of fun!

My training basically consists of Wednesday and Saturday with Team SV Reudern on the MTB and Tuesdays and Thursdays on the road bike with a road group. Then the other days going out and riding in the Schwäbishe Alps or resting and recovering.
Tomorrow we have a MTB race at a nearby town and today's training was out at the track, I didn't realise until I was at the normal meeting point and it was pouring down with rain. It was too complicated to to find my way to the track, so when the rain eased up I decided to go and explore.
I thought it might be fun to find the way to a track called Ho Chi Minh -actually the same route as my first ride back on the mountain bike (First Week of School). I wasn't very sure of the way which went through the local forest through some towns then up into the climb. I managed to get myself lost quite a few times but I eventually found myself in a more recognisable place.

I brought my camera along with me thankfully so here are some of the pictures I took:

A bit of scenic German forest, very green after the rain.

Want any more gliders to go with your gliders?  - The local Airfield





Some really nice trails heading up the mountain...

One fairly big rain cloud coming in

Very slippery with lots of tree roots but so much fun!

Typical German

By the end of the ride I was almost glad that I had missed the training, it was such an awesome ride...

Just going out and going a ride like this really brings the motivation back up, it reminds me that it is not just the race results and training that make mountain biking important to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment