Tuesday 6 May 2014

The Road Bike


This Italian bike,a Cratoni "Colorado", was a top of the line road bike in its time (mid 80's). It still ride very nicely, and even has internal cable routing. I can see why they deveoped shifters for the handelbars though, because it can become a bit crazy trying to shift ears while riding down hills. Though they managed in races such as the Tour de France for many years.

I'm taking it to Mont Ventoux, so I'll have to train up a lot before we go so I can get that gear ratio up the hill! (I don't know what the ratio is exactly but it is not easy to say the least).

I just went to a ride this afternoon on the Cratoni and I am starting to work out what roads and hills I can use for training around Nürtingen. I have to say I am very lucky that the Zaisers live close to the Schwäbischer Alps, otherwise I would be becoming a sprinter, with no hills to train on.


No comments:

Post a Comment